So, you like the stuff that’s here, but you haven’t found a piece that perfectly matches your project? No worries! You can commission me to write some music for you.
You’ve got two options:
Option 1: General Request
If your project isn’t on a time constraint and there’s a particular style of music you’d like to use that isn’t on the site, you can send an email to email@example.com requesting me to write it. If I decide to write that piece, it will be done FREE OF CHARGE, but you will in no way be given exclusive rights to the music. In fact, it will become part of the music library here on Jotz Tunes for everyone to use.
Also, since I’m not being paid to write this piece, you will have no say in the final product or when it comes out, and there is no guarantee that I will actually write it.
When making this type of request, as the title suggests, keep it general:
Good General Requests:
“Can you write about 5 minutes of moody electronica?”
“I’d love to have 3 minutes of peppy bluegrass for my project.”
“I need some brass music, like a quartet or something, maybe holiday themed.”
Bad General Requests:
“I need 11:15 of music for my training video in 2:15 increments. Each increment should have a 20-second introduction and fade out for the last 10 seconds. Oh, and I need it done by Friday.”
“Can you score my short film?”
“I have some sheet music. Can you record it for me?”
If you would like for me to do something like the “Bad General Request” examples, I would suggest going for…
Option 2: Paid Commission
You want me to score your film? Howsabout a recording of some sheet music you can use for a project? Maybe you need some music by a certain deadline. All this and more can be accomplished with a Paid Commission.
Here’s the way a Paid Commission works:
- Contact me with your initial request at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Price is set on a case-by-case basis.
- Once the specifics of your project are hammered out, a contract will be drawn up for the work.
- There will be 3 payment milestones:
- Half of the “First Draft” fee is to be paid up front before work begins (to be refunded if a first draft is never completed).
- The second half of the “First Draft” fee is to be paid once the first draft is completed.
- An hourly rewrite fee will be charged for any additional revisions needed after the amount set in the contract, to be paid at the completion of my work on the project in a time frame agreed upon in the contract. (It doesn’t matter if your project is ever completed/released. I get paid when my work is complete.)
- All transactions are to be made either via PayPal or in cash (if you live/work in the NYC area). I will not accept checks or money orders.
And, that’s it. Nice and easy.
Now, let’s make beautiful music together!